Change of Home Address

Make sure to keep up-to-date (within 30 days of change) home address/emails/phone numbers by updating your information under your parent account in PowerSchool Parent/Student Portal. Present to the MMS main office, a valid proof of residence (where the student lives with parent/guardian):

  • recent utility statement from SDG&E, land phone, water or cable under parent/guardian's names. It must be within the last 60 days and cannot be PAST DUE.
  • verifiable rental agreement or rent payment receipts (listing current term/dates/tenants/signatures)
  • Property tax payment receipts
  • Mortgage documents
  • Military housing orders up to 6 months in advance

In case you move out of Marshall MS boundaries and/or SDUSD boundaries and wish to continue at Marshall MS, you will need to apply for Choice and/or an Interdistrict Attendance Permit (IAP):

  • You will need to apply AND be accepted for Choice ONLY when your new home address is within SDUSD boundaries and out of Marshall MS boundaries. If your student were Choice in Dingeman, EBS, Jerabek or Miramar Ranch elementary schools you don't have to reapply for Choice.
  • In case your new home address locates out of SDUSD boundaries, you will need to apply AND be accepted for Choice (if not Choice yet) AND submit an IAP (both school districts must approved it). Students matriculating from elementary to middle or middle to high school will need to reapply for a new IAP.

Use these tools to determine whether your new home address is in Marshall boundaries:

  1. School Finder (to determine if your address is within SDUSD): School Finder
  2. Find your school of residency and district:
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.